The Barcelona Hotels Covid Free / Covid Ready label
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Barcelona hoteliers have mobilized to fight the Covid-19. For the hotels this has meant imagining a new way of operating so that their guests' stay is 100% safe.
Under the supervision of the Spanish health authorities and the Spanish Confederation of Hotels and Tourist Accommodation (CEHAT), this process was initiated with an analysis of what was being done in other countries, but also with the search for new technologies, obtaining new health products, and achieving new behaviours both for the staff of the establishments and for future customers.
+ In Barcelona Coronavirus find the news, from day to day, on the restrictions and sanitary measures in force, including what is open and what is closed in Barcelona and Catalonia.
A new health protocol for a safer stay in Barcelona in 2020!
Among all the alternatives studied, both large hotel chains and small hotels have adopted it as a principle :
- Limit the number of guests and therefore the number of rooms used by each establishment.
- Implementation of a health protocol that imposes protections for both staff and guests :
As soon as you enter the hotel:
- Use of special carpets to clean the soles of shoes and the wheels of luggage.
- Protective windows in the reception area.
- Signs on the floor to clearly delimit the authorized and prohibited areas in the hotel lobby.
- Free distribution to guests of masks, gel and gloves (sanitary kit on arrival).
Access to rooms:
- Voice control of the lifts, where possible, to avoid touching the lift keypad. In other cases, the gloves provided at check-in will be used for this step.
In the rooms:
- Less furniture to facilitate cleaning.
- Daily cleaning with sanitary products fully adapted to this pandemic with, in particular, a new range of disinfectant products.
- Training of service personnel in these new room cleaning techniques.
In the hotel:
- Closure of rooms or halls normally open to all guests. (temporary measure).
- Closure of restaurants and bars until further notice. (temporary measure)
- The closing of the breakfast buffet. (temporary measure)
- Obligatory breakfast service in the rooms. (temporary measure)
- Application of social distancing rules throughout the establishment.
- Multiple daily disinfections of the hotel's common and private areas in all areas and elements used by everyone (lobby, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys, cards, etc.).
The Barcelona.com opinion
- Before this crisis, the hotel and catering sector was one of the most controlled in terms of hygiene standards. There is therefore a huge amount of knowledge in this profession.
- Without waiting for directives from the authorities, hoteliers have started to think together about solutions to secure their establishments.
- Finally, as the economic survival of this profession is at stake, it is obvious that all these health measures are applied with the utmost rigour by hoteliers in Barcelona and throughout Spain.
Hoteliers have not waited for the directives to be implemented.
Both small hotels and the hotels of large chains have not hesitated to invest heavily in their safety and will continue to do so as scientific, behavioural and technological advances are made.
In view of the measures adopted since April 2020, we believe that your stay in Barcelona is now safer than ever if you opt for hotels with the "Barcelona Covid Free Hotels Or Covid Ready " label.
However, it is clear that we have entered a new era of tourism in which everyone -visited as visitors- have to learn new behaviours.
Together we will overcome this pandemia!