When we talk about the centre of Barcelona we are actually talking about all the districts around La Rambla or Las Ramblas, that long avenue that crosses the city from the sea. It is the historical heart of Barcelona. Downtown Barcelona is called Ciutat Vella. It is the old town and its districts such as the Eixample, El Raval, El Born, El Gótico (Gothic quarter) and the Barceloneta. In this town, residing in the centre offers many advantages for a tourist such as being able to discover almost all the attractions by foot. For us it is the ideal area to be during vacation in Barcelona. And you will see that even if you are very demanding on the quality and categories of hotels, there is no shortage of low prices!
Our quick guide to the best hotels in Barcelona's city centre to help you book the most attractive hotel for your holiday:
- What are the advantages of staying in Barcelona's city centre?
- Best 4-star Hotels in Barcelona city center
- 3-star Barcelona Hotels near City Centre
- Best Hostels in Barcelona city centre
- Tips to find cheap hotels near Barcelona city centre
- Hotel Barcelona City Centre: More tips!
- Map of Barcelona city centre hotels and main points of interest.
What are the advantages of staying in Barcelona's city centre?
Barcelona is a very wide city, but the most popular tourist areas are located - fortunately - in the centre of the Catalan capital. A relatively small centre when you imagine that a radius of one kilometre around the Plaça de Catalunya allows you to visit the whole old town and monuments such as Casa Batlló , Casa Mila - Pedrera, Picasso Museum and many others.▼ Show more
Staying in this central area offers the advantage of:
- To discover the main historic districts short walk and therefore many monuments and museums listed in the map at the bottom of the page.
- To be next to metro station and bus network to easily visit the other parts of the city.
- To easily find the stops of the three lines of the tourist bus which is another great way to visit the city.
- To be at the point of departure and arrival of the AEROBÚS shuttle bus that connects Barcelona's El Prat Airport with Barcelona's centre every 5 minutes, 365 days a year, in about 35 minutes.
- To be few minutes walk to the most beautiful shops of the famous Passeig de Gràcia as well as close to El Born and its small shops of young trendy designers. Great for all-round shopping.
- To enjoy a drink at the Boqueria Market or to discover hundreds of tapas bars or restaurants of all types and of course the many nightlife activities...
- The nearest beach is not very far either. When you are told that a hotel barcelona center is the best for you to simply enjoy this city to the utmost without wasting time!
The only disadvantages of residing in the centre of Barcelona are mainly due to the distance from some of the city's iconic monuments. Always using the Plaza de Catalunya as a starting point:
- Antoni Gaudí's Sagrada Família is located 2.6km away.
- Antoni Gaudí's Güell Park is far away: 4km.
- The Camp Nou, The FC Barcelona stadium is 4km away by foot.
Allow 30 minutes of public transport or bicycle and 20 minutes by taxi for these 3 journeys.▲ Show less