The day-to-day news on the restrictions and health measures in force in Barcelona and Catalonia.
In order to fight against coronavirus in Barcelona (Covid-19) measures are being taken on a daily basis by the Spanish government, Catalonia, and Barcelona City Council to contain the pandemic. On this page, we try to make these measures understandable to tourists or workers who wish or need to travel to Barcelona.
Our sources of information: If you have any doubts or questions, do not hesitate to visit these official websites:
- Barcelona City Council: Measures to fight against Covid-19
- Real-time data on the evolution of Covid-19 in Catalonia.
Our information is updated according to each new local or governmental decision.
No CURFEW in Barcelona:
You must respect the following rules:
- You must wear a mask in all public places (indoor).
Is it possible to go sightseeing in Barcelona or Catalonia?
Tourism is allowed in Barcelona since 9/05/2021. There is no longer any restriction limiting people's mobility within the Catalan territory, or limiting the entry to and exit from Catalonia.
Barcelona Coronavirus: What is open what is closed in Barcelona?
October 12, 2021 marked the return to normality in Catalonia with 100% capacity for restaurants, nightclubs, theaters, cinemas, auditoriums and stadiums, including the largest of them: Camp Nou. Although the health pass is no longer required, masks must still be worn in many establishments.
Are the hotels open in Barcelona?
Are restaurants and bars open in Barcelona?
- Restaurants and bars are open in Barcelona from 6:00 to 1:00.
Discover Where to Eat in Barcelona?
Are the shops open in Barcelona?
- Stores and shopping centers are open from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm with no capacity restrictions..
Are museums and monuments open in Barcelona?
Monuments and museums are open without capacity restrictions. Barcelona.com will indicate at the time of booking whether or not tickets are available for the date chosen.
Barcelona City Tours (book your tickets online for all monuments and museums in the city and the region).
Are concert halls and nightclubs open in Barcelona?
- Concert halls in Barcelona are open to 100% capacity.
- The nightclubs are open for clubbing with the obligation to wear a mask.
Are theaters and cinemas open?
Theaters and cinemas in Barcelona are open at 100% capacity.
Are the beaches, parks and gardens open to the public?
Barcelona's beaches, parks and gardens are open until 8pm.
Is public transportation open?
Yes, public transportation in Barcelona is open. They operate at a normal pace to encourage social distancing. The Barcelona metro is closed from midnight to 5am.
What are the obligatory social distancing rules in Barcelona?
In order to slow down the spread of coronavirus in Barcelona it is mandatory or advisable to :
- Maintain a social distance of 2 meters from others.
- Wash your hands frequently (with soap and water or alcohol-based solutions).
- Wear a mask as often as possible. For anyone aged 6 years or older, masks must be worn in streets and public places or in any enclosed space used by or open to the public.
- Reduce daily social contact and avoid crowds.
- Consult a physician if symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection are observed.
Prepare your trip to Spain:
- Find all the information about arrivals and departures at Barcelona airport. Which terminal is currently working?
- In Spain travel restrictions we explain which documents are required to travel to Spain: QR code and PCR test, vaccine, Covid Pass..
- In Covid Testing in Barcelona where to get a covid test near to you during your stay.
Thursday 26 November 2020 - 15:45