What is the Barcelona Card for?
The Barcelona Card is a personal tourist card, valid for 3, 4 or 5 days, which allows you to travel free of charge in Barcelona, to visit museums or to have discounts for shows, in shops, restaurants and even in discotheques..
The advantages of the Barcelona Card
1 / It allows to move free in Barcelona in all the public transports of the city: subway, buses, railroads, suburban trains renfe zone 1 and finally in the train connecting the city to the airport.
2 / It offers free tours or discounts on admission to more than 25 museums and places of interest in Barcelona.
3 / It offers discounts at more than 70 venues in Barcelona: restaurants, shops, tickets, concerts, nightclubs, leisure establishments.
Your Barcelona Card is valid from the time you start using it and for the duration specified on it (3, 4 or 5 days).
The Barcelona Card in detail:
Thanks to the tourist map Barcelona, or "Barcelona Card", enjoy the best of the Catalan city! Valid for 3, 4 or 5 days, this card is the only thing you will need to explore the city.
The Barcelona Card allows you to freely borrow public transport, while offering you many advantages to use on different sites. Discover Barcelona at your own pace and at a reduced rate!
You will also receive a booklet in 6 languages (Catalan, Spanish, English, French, German and Italian), detailing the curiosities not to be missed as well as the discounts and free offers available. The places where you can benefit from these are indicated on a map of the city also provided, as well as a map of the metro.
• Unlimited unlimited travel on public transport depending on the duration of the Barcelona Card: Daytime TMB bus, metro, regional and urban railway lines, tramway and regional trains in zone 1 (Rodalies Barcelona)
• Free transportation on the airport train
Free admission and discounts for Museums
The Barcelona card offers complete free admission for certain museums and cultural spaces. This is the case for the Miró Foundation, the MNAC (the National Art Museum of Catalonia), the CCCB (Center for Contemporary Culture in Barcelona), the MACBA (Barcelona Contemporary Art Museum), the Cosmocaixa, Museum of Design, Museum of Modernism, Museum of Chocolate, Museum of World Cultures, El Born Center ..
In addition, the Barcelona Card offers discounts at the following points:
• Antoni Tapies Foundation (no queue)
• Las Golondrinas, Port of Barcelona
• Museum of Contemporary Art in Barcelona (no queue)
• Botanical Garden of Barcelona
• MUHBA Refugi 307
• MUHBA Via Sepulcral Romana
• MUHBA-El Call (Jewish Interpretation Center)
• MUHBA-Monestir of Pedralbes (Monastery of Pedralbes)
• MUHBA-Plaça del Rei (Place of the king)
• Museum Blau
• Museum of Music (no queue)
• Museum of Catalan Modernism (without a queue)
• Frederic Marès Museum
• National Museum of Catalan Art-MNAC (no queue)
• Egyptian Museum of Barcelona (no queue)
• Museum of Olympism and Sport Joan Antonio Samaranch (no queue)
• Torre de Collserola
Discounts at more than 70 locations in the city
The Barcelona card allows you to obtain discounts:
- Of 10% on some restaurants in Barcelona
- Of 20% on tickets to the Palau de la Musica and Gran Teatre del Liceu (opera, theater and musicals)
- Of 15% on the gift shop of the tourist office of Barcelona (plaça Catalunya)
All places that offer discounts are listed on the flyer that goes with the card.
The price of the Barcelona Card
- Barcelona Card - 3 days - 45€
- Barcelona Card - 4 days - 55€
- Barcelona Card - 5 days - 60€
Terms of cancelation
Cancellation up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Our opinion on the Barcelona Card
The Barcelona Card is a good plan if you are a very active tourist who will not hesitate to make profitable his / her card, travel a lot and visit a lot of places of interest.
There are, however, other intermediate, economical and astute solutions to discover Barcelona.
You can for example combine these two tourist cards of Barcelona:
- The Hola BCN is an unlimited transport card in Barcelona from 2 to 5 days. It costs 14.5 € for two days.
- Articket is a skip the line ticket to discover the 6 main museums of Barcelona such as the Picasso Museum, the Antoni Tàpies Foundation, the MACBA ..
In this case, we can only advise you to visit the Sagrada Familia first.